Monday, September 19, 2005

Wireless IR keyboard


Wireless IR keyboard
Originally uploaded by mywifian.
Got a wireless palmone keyboard on http://lelong.com.my for RM 130. (around USD 30)

One pleasant surprise was that it wasn't 2nd hand. The seller passed me brand new unopened package.

I already pre-downloaded the driver to my iPAQ so could immediately start test typing on it.

So far my experience with it is pretty good. Can type almost as fast as on a desktop keyboard.

The only exception is the numeric keys need to be pressed in combination with a special function key. No problem. I can get used to that.

One bonus was that the keyboard also worked for my Nokia 7650 handphone. I could type in text messages into any application on the phone with a downloaded symbian driver.

One good thing I noticed is that I can now press ALT-TAB combination to switch to other program (multitasking) - just like on a desktop Windows PC.

No comments: